width='0'/> Those Tears Exist...: Ailee - Girl With Two Personalities

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ailee - Girl With Two Personalities







Ailee... The name sound really english to me and yet, looking at her face made me thought she is just another pretty face.

Since I heard that she is Wheesung protege from MBC Singers and Trainees, I say, what the heck, give her a shot take a listen to her single Heaven.

The moment the song started...

니가 있는 곳에 나도 함께 할게

Her first phrase shock me...
This track is a heavy pop with a little of R&B sense in it and she pulled it quite well. I mean, she needs to promote this song and attract younger listeners, so this track is not fully R&B, which with this voice ability, she can definitely sing it. I really want to hear Heaven full R&B version.

Then I started to search her at the youtube. Found MBC Singer and Trainees's video of her singing Halo by Beyonce, amazed me.

Soon enough, I started to follow her. I love on how she is a two different person on and off stage. From what I see in Immortal Song 2 and SBS You & I interview, I can see that she purely enjoy singing. She is all cute, cuddly and giggly with every ment that the MC said and suddenly when she is on stage, her face expression changed, turns to the kind of the song she sang. I love her live performance and I am glad YMCE took her instead of the big 3 entertainment company, in that way, she have a little pressure and could just enjoy doing her music instead busy going out every variety show to gain recognition. Immortal Song 2 is enough, her voice is enough to let people know that she exist in this industry.

I love her live rendition and when she sang korean song sounded like an english song. Her diction of 'geol' sounded like 'girl' and her R sound clear (since most korean have problem with R sound, always turn to L if speak quickly, well, since she came from America.




She is the happiest when on stage, this kind of girl is one in a million. I bet being on stage never came across on her mind... I hope she would give her best and wont forget why she started singing at the first place. I really wish that fame does not blind her and please, in future, present us with good music. I really want to hear her singing a fully soul, R&B or Jazz song.

Ailee, good luck... :)

P/S: Angelic Ailee (fanclub) I am joining you guys... :)


Leave you guys with her rendition of Patty Kim Light and Shadow (cr: NadyaGY)


No comments:

Post a Comment